Monday, November 28, 2011

Cody and Kaycee (Wyoming)

My two final pigeons have been born to Montecito Lofts. Hopefully, there won't be any surprise births after these two chicks. :) I want to keep the population at a good working level - and the flyers are pretty strong right now.

Cody and Kaycee will be trained using Applied Behavior Analysis. I'm excited because this is the first time I'll be working with pigeons and, hopefully, get a chance to free fly them in public. Of course, their homing instincts may take over from trainer behaviors - which will be another interesting experience.

I'll be posting here about their status. They were hatched 11/13/11 and should be self-feeding in the next week or two which is when they will be pulled and start their training schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment